Wednesday, August 03, 2011

What really lies beneath your exterior?

I get a number of email's from different sites sent through to me. I find they are a good time filler when you have five minutes to kill.
It was from a site that i came across the book "Fragments"
Fragments offers a sensitive and personal insight into the mysterious and tragic Marilyn Monroe through never-before-seen letters, poems, intimate notes, as well as some rare photographs. It offers the reader a
unique look into the private thoughts and reflections of one of Hollywood's brightest and most tragic stars.
I enjoyed this as there was a lot that i wasn't aware of, giving you more of an idea about her life.



Today i came across this;

New Chanel biography claims Coco was a bisexual drug-taker - Telegraph

I am not a massive fashion follower. Nor am i "bang on trend" But i like reading and finding out about the people behind the famous fashion houses that have become such a large part of our world today.
From socks to chandelier's. Designers have a wonderful artistic talent that stems back many years, and every year something more beautiful, intricate and luxurious for million's of us to coo over. Some on a waiting list for the next amazing creation and some pawing over the glossy magazines and only dreaming of being able to afford such delights.

Yet what lies beneath all of that flair?
Does one have to be a little extrovert? Kooky? Lonely?
I think it helps. I don't think you will find any type of designer that is mundane a run-of-the-mill Joe Blogs type. In fact anyone with any artistic talents in general.
So to read this article and find out that Coco Chanel took drugs, embraced bisexuality and had an affair with Salvador Dali while he was married did not come as a shock to me at all.
I would have been shocked to have found out she was as straight laced as my Secondry school Art teacher - but then she was my Art teacher, so who knows.
They say its the quite ones you have to be careful of!!

No comments:

Post a Comment