Thursday, July 21, 2011

Spaceships and Spacemen

Another lunchtime discussion, another mind boggler for me!!
This time about the recent space ship that has just landed back in Florida.



Now, as i explained to Nick, my fellow intellectual colleague. My brain only hold things on a need to know basis. Some of this stuff is in simpleton terms. The reason for this is so i am not easily confused! Other things are in my brain on a far more complex level, this is because i feel it is more useful.
Like everything to do with Space, thus my logic for calling them space ships and spacemen. Of course, i am not that stupid that i don't know they are called, shuttles, rockets and astronauts. However it is my choice to collectively call them Spaceships and spacemen.

So, i was informed that the spacemen had gone into space, possibly only 40 miles up, which doesn't seem that far in all honesty. To give their load to the space station that is up there, with living humans on it none the less.
First of all, what is in their load?
Secondly, do they get off the ship and onto the station, have a brew and a chat, update them on the gossip, give them letters and love notes from friends and family??
Can they take photos and do you think they can upload to Facebook or is it strictly off limits to do such a thing??
Then, Rob informed me we had apparently been to the moon SEVEN TIMES!! Wowzers, that's great, i only knew of the once and some say that was a fix?!

So much stuff i want to know, some people want to know the science of it all. Me i want to know the little details no one ever bothers to ask.
I am going to watch the programme on C4 on Saturday, July 23 at 7.30pm to see what they can tell me and to possibly educate my mind a little further.
I do know that its amazing, i dont need a tv person to tell me that!!
Whatever they do tell me i hear it'll be the last time Americans go up - we're now leaving it to the Russians. Good thinking guys, I'm sure they wont be able to do it as well, wont the launch be affected by the freezing temperatures that occur in Russia?
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment