Thursday, May 17, 2012

True love is not Romeo and Juliet who died together. It is Grandma and Granddad who stayed together.

As a single 30 some girl, yes, girl, not lady. That sounds too posh! I am obviously open to male attention, in the hope that maybe, just maybe this man will be the man who could possibly complete me.
Therefore when i meet such individuals whom i like i will A: Ask them out or B; Agree to going out for dinner/drinks with them. The process to get to such a stage is very important in order for you to make the right decision and the one question that is always asked is "Are you seeing anyone at the moment." Now you have to take their answer as gospel and hope it is the answer you want to hear, if you didn't you would end up a bitter and twisted woman.

Recently met a lovely guy who was funny, charming, good looking, had a good job and was in my age range. He contacted me after a night out, we shared mutual friends and on posing the all important question he implied he was recently single. He explained he didn't want to go into detail over the phone and would rather tell me face to face what had happened. He had been with her for a number of years and the little he did tell me, it clearly wasn't the best break-up. Not that any really are.
I took this answer on face value and we arranged a date. Due to him not living in the same city and us both having prior arrangements our date would not be for three weeks. In this time we text, non-stop. A lot of laughs were shared, quick fire questions and truth or dare was played. I was really looking forward to meeting this guy. I hadn't dated seriously for a number of years and i really thought, this guy could be a good candidate. I am very careful due to having a daughter and i am not into playing games. I also do not believe in settling for second best and if i feel i am wasting my time i will get out of there. You don't have a dress rehearsal, this is your life - one shot, so do what you like and like what you do!
The weekend came and i was seriously sick, i had been ill all week and therefore had to postpone. Not a problem he said, we'll make it next Saturday. Fabulous, he's considerate as well!
Now they say everything happens for a reason... So, in the following week a friend of mine returned from her holidays and we had a little catch up via email where, i told her of my impending date, how excited i was and how amazing this guy was.
Well, to cut a long story short, turns out his Fiance and his TWO mistresses also found him amazing!!!
Yes i confronted him, he was due to get married, this year in fact. She had got cold feet and they were meant to meet up a few days prior to our date to try and sort things out. He said he was still going to come to my city and would leave it up to me as to whether we met or not. He text over the weekend. I am still unsure as to what his actual relationship status is but in all honesty, i don't care!!
Needless to say i did not meet him!!

It seems as though meeting men who are attached is my forte. Its not what i set out to do and it is 100% NOT my fault, contrary to what my male colleagues think (funnily enough when it was suggested that it WAS my fault that i met these men i did throw a diva fit!)

What upsets me, more than anything in this, is the audacity of this man. Why was he due to get married if all he wanted to do was cheat? Why does anyone get married if they are not 110% happy and 110% committed to that ONE person?

To me, marriage is NOT something you enter into lightly. I only want to do it the once and i want that person to be the right person for me. I want to grow old with him, i want to hold his hand at 90years old and kiss him passionatley. I only want to do it with him.

Call me an optimist, say i am disillusioned, tell me i am kidding myself. I don't care. I believe it can happen and regardless of all the men that take love for granted, for all the men that think loving someone is the same as being in love. They will never stop me believing. My Mr Right is out there.

True love is not Romeo and Juliet who died together. It is Grandma and Granddad who stayed together.


No comments:

Post a Comment